Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Xtreme Rings - Review



These things are great. I just hung them over my pull up bar for a temporary installation.

I was really surprised by how much more difficult they make exercises. The fact that they are not a stable object means that you have to stabilize them which works a lot of muscles that we don't normally focus on.



Also they are fun, I'm not great at doing anything on them yet, but it reminds me of recess back in third grade. Anyway a few of the things you can do with these:

Bodyweight Rows
Pull ups
Push ups
Ring Flys
Muscle ups
Dips
and all other still rings gymnastics moves

My only complaint about this set was the cam buckles. One of them kept slipping, the grip just couldn't support my 153 lbs. Well I found a quick fix, the problem was that the grip wasn't all the way over the strap, so I just pushed it in a little and all was well.

Also the straps are a little long for my basement, but I think they will be useful in the future.

Xtreme Rings - Black Currently $49.99

5/5 Rating from me

No comments: